Making new year’s resolutions is out, and making monthly goals is in! Honestly, who keeps their new years resolutions for the whole year? Not me! I’ve always done better by breaking things into smaller chunks. That’s why making monthly goals helps keep me accountable and gives me something to look forward to. A month is a lot shorter time to work towards than a whole year.
July has just started but I’ve already accomplished one of my goals!
I got accepted into the nursing program here in Florida!
I’m officially a nursing student! My acceptance letter came at 12:54 pm on July 2nd! Two days later and it still doesn’t feel real to me.
Alright now let’s get back to the post. Something about monthly goals and new year’s resolutions. Ah yes, monthly goals are way easier to accomplish than new year’s resolutions.
You know how the snack size candies are so much better than the full size? Only you end up eating the whole bag of snack size faster than you would eat the full size candy bar. Same thing with monthly goals vs new year’s resolutions! Can you tell that I have a sweet tooth?
Here are my monthly goals for July!
- Walk in the mornings. I’ve been good about this, but lately I’ve been dragging my feet. It’s just been SO hot lately. Afterwards, I feel so much better! So I will just make myself get up and walk.
- Drink more water. This is something that I have always struggled with. I just don’t get thirsty? So I need to come up with a way to encourage myself to drink more water.
- Finish my second mini-essay for my sociology class I’m taking online this summer. It’s only 450-500 words but I just HATE being forced to write for classes. I can easily write a blog post or a short story. If a professor gives me an assignment to write about, I will absolutely loathe doing it.
- Write a minimum of four blog posts this month, but ideally more.
- Read at least two chapters of my textbooks for the fall. I’m such a nerd, I know, but I like getting a jump start on things. *Helpful Hint* You can get textbooks in great condition for dirt cheap at thrift books I got 6 textbooks, all only one edition behind and in excellent condition, for $25!
- Create an opt-in for the blog. I just have no idea what to do. Y’all give me some ideas! What do you want to learn or need help with? Is there a planner or a printable that could help you?
What are your monthly goals? What were your new year’s resolutions? Do you have any exciting news to share?
Tell me in the comments below! I’d love to know 🙂