A fresh start can be life-changing. In a good way, trust me!
In my post at the beginning of the month, I shared a recap of the past six months as well as what I wanted to achieve for the month of June. Briefly, I mentioned that I moved to Florida and I am infinitely happier.
I want to expand on my move to Florida and the powerful impact that it’s had on my life.
My move to Florida has changed my life practically overnight. And I am so not a fan of change. As a matter of fact, I dread it. I run away from it. It was just exactly what I need though.
Here is how a fresh start changed my life.
- I am sleeping so much better. A good night’s sleep, especially quality sleep, is an amazing thing. Seriously Y’all, it can be the deciding factor for your whole day. Happy Ellie is a much more pleasant person to be around than grumpy Ellie.
- No more cereal-as-a-meal diet. Good, nutritious food and balanced meals are where it’s at. I don’t much on food like cookies, candy, and chips. Instead, I munch on grape tomatoes….. almost so many that I’ll turn into a tomato one of these days.
- This one is a bit TMI but I am regular for the first time in my entire life. Probably due to nixing cereal and eating better foods and a slew of other things. I didn’t even realize how constipated I was until I started having a “bear fight” every day. Sometimes even more than once a day. I guess you could say I was full of it, haha.
- As Elle Woods so famously put it, “Exercise releases endorphins. Endorphins make you happy.” Going for my (almost) daily walk in the mornings with my aunt and uncle brightens my whole day.
- I am 10000x less stressed. The right environment, or a change of scenery as I like to say, can make a world of difference.
- My productivity levels have been through the roof. I think I’ve gotten more done in the past month or so that I’ve been in Florida than I have in the past five years.
I am a much happier person in general.
You don’t have to move all the way to Florida like I did for a fresh start. It sure is beautiful here, but all you need is the right mindset and the right environment.
Change doesn’t have to be a bad thing. You can start small or jump all in. Whatever changes you make, embrace them. Life is what you make it.
What are some ways that you have changed your life? Do you have things that you want to improve? If you could have a fresh start, what would you do with it?