fbpx

Date Night Beauty Made Simple

Date Night Beauty Made Simple

This Feisty Life may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.

There are usually two types of girls when it comes to hair and makeup

The first type is a total expert when it comes to everything beauty. And the second type usually go make-up free.  My sister is the first type meanwhile I’m over make-up free 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time that I do wear makeup is on special occasions or when I’m bored. 

Now and then, a date night is a special occasion.


Since I don’t wear makeup or do my hair all that often, I’m not that great at doing it.  I especially can’t do anything real fancy as you see on YouTube and Instagram.  That’s okay. I’m a fan of keeping things simple anyway.

Eyes Are The Windows To The Soul

A smoky eye look would be great for date night, but I would end up looking like a raccoon if I attempted that. Instead, we’ll be going for a “natural glam” look.  Mascara, eyeshadow, and a brushing of the eyebrows.  Simple, right?

Get Cheeky

Blush can make or break your look. A light flushed look is what we’re going for here, not a deranged clown. I’m not bold enough to use a hot pink shade of blush, but if you’re feeling adventurous, go for it!

Lips To K.I.S.S. With

And by K.I.S.S., I mean both keep it simple stupid and a smooch or two for your date. It is date night after all. I used to wear lipstick and end up with it either fading or on my teeth. So I tried a liquid lipstick from Victoria’s Secret (thanks Mom for the bras and the new makeup staple!), and it is excellent! Liquid lipstick lasts longer and looks more natural than regular lipstick.

Be Like Becky With The Good Hair

I can’t for the life of me use a regular curling iron with a clamp. My hair ends up bent not curled.  So to avoid the bent look, I use a wavy/bubble curling wand. You wrap your hair around the waves and hold it for a few seconds then release the beautiful curl! My bangs are getting too long to wear as bangs so I put them up with a teeny tiny clear hair tie and have the rest of my hair down curled.

So there you have it! Date night beauty made simple.  It’s nothing fancy, but it gives you a little extra oomph.  My boyfriend rarely sees me all dolled up so he thought I looked gorgeous, and he especially liked the curls. 

Alright fellow beauty newbies, what are your go-to easy makeup looks? What is a look that you have always wanted to try? Beauty queens, what are some tips and tricks you’ve discovered over time? Do you have any makeup horror stories? Let me know in the comments below.

Products Used In This Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *