This Feisty Life may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Valentine’s Day will be here before we know it! If you are on a budget this year or just want to do something simple, here are 3 easy Valentine’s Day recipes that you can make in an afternoon.
Who doesn’t like a good brownie? What could be better? A good brownie with a big ole cup of milk! MMM.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Add the butter.
3. Whisk the cocoa powder in with the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Combine the flour mixture with the egg mixture.
5. Spread the batter into a greased 8-inch or 9-inch square pan.
6. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Chocolate Chip Cookies
If brownies aren’t your sweetheart’s cup of tea, try making these chocolate chip cookies!
2 cups + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
One and a half sticks butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt.
- Next, in a large bowl, beat together the butter and the sugars until well combined. Then, add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until just combined.
- Then slowly add the dry ingredients to the mix, and beat briefly, just until there are no flour clumps left. Fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Scoop cookie dough into balls and place on cookie sheet. You should be able to fit about 12 cookies on each sheet.
- Bake for about 10-14 minutes
- Repeat with remaining batches, until all cookies are baked and cooled. Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!
3. Red Velvet Cupcakes
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cups sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon red food coloring
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line muffin pans with paper cupcake liners.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg, vegetable oil, buttermilk, red food coloring, and vanilla extract until it’s well combined. Next, add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth, about a minute.
- In a small dish, mix together baking soda and vinegar. While the soda/vinegar mixture is bubbling, add it to the batter and mix well.
- Fill the cups 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes for 5 minutes in the pan. Then, transfer the cupcakes onto a wire rack to let them cool completely.
8 oz cream cheese
¼ cup unsalted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon heavy cream or milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Beat butter and cream cheese on medium-high speed until it is fluffy, about a minute.
- Add powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Beat on low speed for a minute.
- Next, increase the speed to medium-high and continue to beat for about 3 minutes until it is smooth and fluffy.
- Finally, t
ransferthe frosting into a pastry bag and frost the cupcakes when they’re completely cooled.
You should also check out my Sweetheart Coupons!
Get 24 coupons to give your sweetheart for Valentine’s Day for just $8! All you have to is print them, cut them out, and staple them together. They come in pink and black or pink and pink.