This Feisty Life may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Hey everybody! It’s been a while since I posted last but life has been busy lately. Here’s a quick recap of August so far! I started my regular shift at work instead of subbing like I had been over the summer. School also started and I am battling yet another sinus infection (2nd one in 3 months!!!). Oh yeah, and I turned 24 on the 17th! So I thought it was extra fitting that I would post this post today. 24 things I want to accomplish in my 24th year posted on the 24th of August. We should totally count how many times I say 24 in this post haha.
So now onto the post!
24 Things I Want To Accomplish In My 24th Year
- Make all A’s in both the fall 2018 semester and the first semester of the nursing program in the spring! Getting an A in chemistry might be hard, but I can and will do it.
- Save $2400 by my 25th birthday next year. Now that I have my credit card debt consolidated into a much more manageable monthly payment, I can start saving money. Word of advice for ya, when your momma tells you not to open up a credit card, LISTEN! I wish I had heeded her advice but nope. $6,000 later, I learned my lesson.
- Read more books, and not just textbooks. Reading used to be such a big thing in my life then I just stopped reading. Libraries are NOT going out of style. My local library has a freaking 3D printer for crying out loud. How cool is that?! You should totally check out what resources your local library has to offer. You’ll be surprised!
- Lose 24 pounds. In the six months leading up to when I moved to Florida, I was so stressed that I ended up gaining 20-30 pounds. I am determined to lose it. Luckily, my college has an AMAZING fitness center that is open 7 days a week. Living in Florida opens up so many other fitness opportunities; like paddleboarding or kayaking, or just walking along the beach and enjoying the view.
- Find a hobby to do besides baking and blogging that will help to relieve stress when nursing school starts. And something free or cheap too! I’m thinking maybe my sewing machine should finally get some use.
- Speaking of blogging, I definitely want to make sure that my blog doesn’t end up being left to the wayside amidst school and work. So I will plan and write my content well in advance.
- Take good care of my health and be proactive! I’m FINALLY doing something about my chronic sinus infections and there are other things I should be taking care of as well. Like, why do I get so bloated? Maybe I have a food allergy.
- Prioritize time for myself. Between work, school, and life in general, I’ll need some good self-care. Whether it’s taking a bubble bath or treating myself to a pedicure every now and then, just doing something nice for myself will be vital to my mental health.
- Be less of a hermit and more of a social butterfly! I’m so used to being by myself most of the time. So I need to spread my wings and fly a bit.
- Volunteer more. It’s so good to help people.
- Spend more quality time with family. Quality over quantity.
- Join a club or an activity. Or even start one! Cookie lovers club, anyone?
This list is getting long and now I’m craving some cookies! Time for a cookie break before we continue the list of 24 things I want to accomplish in my 24th year!
Now, back to the rest of the list!
- Drink more water. This will probably ALWAYS be a goal of mine haha.
- Appreciate nature and the outdoors more. Living in Florida means there’s always beautiful views.
- Learn a new language. Parlez vous francais? Oui, un petit. (Do you speak French? Yes, a little.)
- Learn how to play the guitar. We’ve got a guitar just sitting here collecting dust, might as well try and learn how to play it.
- Go through my stuff and see what I can donate or get rid of. I have A LOT of clothes and shoes that I hardly ever wear or don’t fit anymore.
- Do something kind for somebody every day.
- Help out around the house beyond just taking the trash out and keeping my room and bathroom clean. Besides, I’ll need to learn how to keep a house for when I get married one day.
- Smile more. I’m getting an RBF aka resting-bitch-face and it is SO not good!
- Start setting aside some money for when I get my own place in addition to saving the $2400.
- Write more beyond just blogging. I used to write poetry and short stories and was so creative. My creativity needs to make a comeback!
- Have an awesome year!
- Last, but not least, ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISH all of the 24 things on this list! Well
,23 things technically but oh well, you know what I mean!
What are some things that you want to accomplish before your next birthday? It doesn’t have to be 24 things or even 4 things! Let me know in the comments below!